Pregnancy Babymoon Couples Retreat, September 6 – 9, 2018
Would you & your partner like to get away somewhere special for bonding Babymoon Holiday Retreat?
Are you pregnant and looking for a way to connect with your partner in a meaningful way before giving birth?
Would you & your partner like to learn more about the birth process ?
Work as a team & learn how to communicate well through your pregnancy, birth and into parenthood?
Find out how you can be supported in birth in the way you truly want ?
Do you want to feel more prepared for life after the birth and parenthood ?
|Pregnant women & her partner
|6 – 9th September, 2018
(3pm on Thur 6th – 2pm Sun 9th)
|Gymea Retreat & Spa
(Byron Bay hinterland, near Uki)
$2500 per couple or $2195 Early-bird special
(by 10th August)Non Residential
$1750 per couple or $1445 Early-bird
(Includes everything except the 3 day Accommodation)
Included in the 3-Day Pregnancy Babymoon Retreat for Couples
- 3 Days & nights at the beautiful Gymea Retreat in the Byron Bay hinterland
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner prepared by experienced retreat chef
- Access to the magnesium pool and spa facilities
- 1 hour Complementary Pregnancy massage or facial
- Daily Morning Yoga class for couples to practice together
- Birth Education sessions
- Sessions on birth positions, breathing and other ‘pain-management’ techniques
- Create a Birth Plan and strategies for your ideal birth
- Group Sessions with peri-natal counsellor to discuss concerns and learn communication tools
- GUEST MALE FACILITATOR with tips for dads and support partners
- Private counselling Sessions available over the weekend with trained perinatal psychotherapist
- Additional Massages, facials or spa treatments
See venue website for more facilities www.gymearetreat.com.au
The Red Tent Yoga Babymoon Retreat will offer your and your partner the opportunity to:
- Create some intentions for your birth together with your partner
- Practice Pregnancy Yoga together as a couple and learn Yoga for Birth
- Learn some birth positions, massage points, birth breathing, relaxation & pain- relief techniques that you can practice as a couple
- Acknowledge birth as a rite of passage and the transformational life change that you are both about to embark upon, whether this is your first, second, third child or more
- Establish how you wantto be supported during birth and how your partner can support you using verbal and non-verbal communication
- Discover ways you can stay open, centred and empowered during the birth of your baby
- Understand the transition from single person to mother and father and how to navigate this as a couple.
- Explore what can men expect from fatherhood? Get your head around your expectations, fears and clarify what fatherhood means
Emma Grant: Retreat Facilitator, Pregnancy & Birth Yoga Specialist
HI, I am Emma ! I am a mother of 2 daughters 14 & 11 years. I have teaching yoga for almost 20 years and specialising in pregnancy yoga for 15 years (since I was pregnant with my eldest daughter !) In 2009, I founded Red Tent Yoga, a studio for women, pregnancy, Birth in Byron Bay where we offered prenatal yoga classes, support groups & birth workshops.
I continue to run Red Tent Yoga and teach in Byron Bay as well as internationally:
- Regular prenatal yoga classes
- Private Babymoon Birth Workshops for couples
- Pre & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Mums & Bubs Yoga, Yoga for Trauma and Shakti Yoga
I am very passionate about supporting & guiding couples on their journey through your pregnancy, and preparing for the birth and parenthood so that you come away feeling confident, connected and prepared.
I am currently doing a Post Grad in Holistic Counselling and completing my Doula Training.
Kimberly Lipschus: Retreat Guest Facilitator & Peri-natal Therapist
Hi, I am Kimberly ! I am a mother of 2 sons. I am a reproductive psychotherapist, writer and storyteller.
I have a longstanding fascination with storytelling and the human condition, which informs both my psychotherapy practice as well as my work as a director and interviewer. I am a co-presenter for the Pregnancy Birth and Beyond podcast, have an MA in Counselling, an MA in Professional Writing, a Grad Dip in Gestalt Therapy and a BA in Theatre. I have also completed perinatal and mental health intensive workshops with Dr Bronwyn Leigh and Family Constellation workshops with Maria Dolenc.
I hold groups with new parents on the transition to parenthood, and believe this life transition is one of the biggest a woman and/or man will ever go through. I believe stories foster empathy, provide a sense of belonging and can bring insight and healing; something I’ve experienced personally on my own journey to parenthood, as well as professionally. I have written articles for GANZ journals as well as for overseas publications and have directed a number of documentaries. I am currently completing a book on fertility called, The Space Between.
In my private psychotherapy practice, I support:
- Reproductive support including fertility challenges, assisted reproduction, miscarriage, still birth, birth support, birth trauma
- Post Natal Depression and Anxiety
- Early parenting
For more information go to www.kimberleylipschus.com