Date: 10th – 20th February 2015
About the Retreat
The Byron Bay Sivananda Yoga Retreat at Mount Warning, Australia, offers you a rare opportunity to experience a high level of:
- Authentic and Traditional Yoga
- Inspiring and Internationally Recognised Yoga Teachers
- A Breath-taking and Spiritually Uplifting Location
This yoga retreat is part of the International Sivananda Yoga Australian Tour 2015. It features Swami Kailasananda (Yoga Acharya) & Swami Bhagavatananda (Senior Teacher) as the main teachers with collaboration of Madhava and Shyamala from Yoga White Lotus – Sivananda Tradition (affiliated Sivananda yoga centre and hosts of this event).
Swami Kailasananda is an insightful internationally recognised yoga teacher (please read detailed profiles below). With over 25 years of dedication, practice of the teachings of yoga and yogic life-style as a vedantic monk, she brings a powerful, transformative and inspiring element to this retreat.
To be taught by an inspiring teacher and a real yogi, in a location like Mt Warning, is something that is unique and rare and must be experienced in one’s lifetime.
Come, embarque with us on a journey into a place of calm and clarity where real yogis, traditional teachings, the yogic life-style and the location, are at the centre of the experience. You will leave stress-free, with radiant health,with a big boost of energy to start the new year or even a new life.
Experienced practitioners will have the opportunity to deepen and re-inspire their yoga practice. Beginners will learn the techniques and tools to establish a yoga practice in daily life.
The International Sivananda Yoga Centres is a charity organisation. All proceeds of this retreat go towards their mission of passing on the teachings of yoga.
She is a Yoga Acharya and director of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres in England, France and the Pacific Rim. She is a scholar of Sanskrit and a long-time disciple of Swami Vishnu-devananda. She is the author of the book The Sivananda book of meditation. Swami Kailasananda’s simplicity makes her teachings dynamic and inspirational. She currently travels extensively around the world each year guiding thousands of students from beginners to teachers’ level through the teachings of yoga.
She is a co-director of the Ashram de Yoga Sivananda in France. She travels throughout Europe and India teaching at the Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training courses. As a senior teacher, she inspires many with her extensive knowledge of the scriptures, yoga philosophy, ayurvedic lifestyle and vegetarian nutrition. She is a compassionate and enthusiastic teacher.
- 1 x Daily workshop an a lecture on different yoga topics with Swami Kailasananda (Yoga Acharya)
- 1 x 3 Hands-On Ayurvedic vegetarian cooking workshop with Swmai Bhagavatananda
- 2 x Yoga Classes a Day which include asanas, breathing exercises and yogic relaxation with Madhava & Shyamala
- 2 x Daily group meditation and spiritual discussions with Swami Kailasananada & Swami Bhagavatananda
- 2 x Daily mantra chanting and kirtan (devotional singing)
- Practice of yogic cleansing exercises (Kriyas)
- Postural Analysis with Photo Taken Before and After the Retreat
- All vegetarian ayurvedic meals/snacks and morning ayurvedic power drink.
- 1 x Daily meditative nature walk including visit to sacred Mt. Warning.
- Individual coaching and daily Q&A sessions.
- Access to a resort style ‘magnesium’ pool with stunning views of Mt Warning and the valley. A little treat to re-energize during your free time or to relax before bed time.
Daily Schedule – Yoga at its Purest!
6.00 Satsang (Group Meditation)
8.00 Yoga Class
11.00 Free Time*
12.00 Meditative Nature Walk
16.00 Yoga Class
19.30 Satsang (Group Meditation)
*Time to enjoy the pool, sauna, massage or just relax in the peaceful surroundings.
Single & Twin Share Rooms Available.
All rooms equipped with 5 star eco inner sprung latex topped single or king beds and organic sheets. Each room includes its own shower and toilet.
For full details, prices and bookings please visit our Byron Bay Sivananda Yoga Retreat 2015 website page.